EXPLORING EARTHS MYSTERIES

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cayo Coco Cuba

In Jan 2009 I visited an all inclusive resort in Cuba. Although the weather wasn’t super hot, it was sunny and warm and a lot better than the snowstorms they were having back in Canada!

The resort was still in the process of recovering from a hurricane, and the food….well let’s just say I had to have a little visit with the Dr (I believe that I got the food poisoning from the snorkeling excursion, not the resort)….other than that the trip was great! The resort was situated on the beach and on the first day of arrival I went parasailing. It was fab-u-lous. Even though I am afraid of heights, I managed quite well!!!

We did a few excursions such as horeseback riding on the beach and snorkeling (which was interesting...The water was kind of rough and I had a panic attack since it was my first time in the ocean and I’m terrified of sharks…and I was chased by jelly fish). We also spent the day in the city of Moran (missed out on Havana because of the food poisoning). I wish I got to experience more of the culture, but for the most part I had a blast! If you rent a moped and drive an hour there is a beau-ti-ful beach with white sand :)

Here’s some pics:

View from Parasailing



Beautiful Beaches


Kissing Crocs at the Crocodile farm



I had to beg my partner to let me drive the moped. As soon as I got on I drove straight into the bushes (and that would be why he didn't want me driving lol). My moped days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment