EXPLORING EARTHS MYSTERIES

Monday, May 31, 2010

North American Road Trip Pt6 - Sequoia, Yosemite

Sequoia was by far one of my most favourite places on our trip. In fact it may be one of my most favourite places ever. To me Sequoia was truly breathtaking – it was almost magical! I regret not spending more time there. There is something about the huge redwoods that made me feel completely at peace and totally at home. We hiked until it was night. Being the silly gal I am I wandered off and got lost...I was by myself in the middle of the forest in the dark, sans flashlight (pumas and jaguars and bears, oh my!). I was eventually found and was sad when we had to leave. I was even sadder when the low fuel light turned on and there were no gas stations to be seen....thankfully we were driving downhill and Jeff coasted in neutral (on fumes) until we found a motel for the night. Good-night Sequoia, good-morning Yosemite!

Yosemite is another beautiful location! Same type of forests and redwoods but it did not have the energy that Sequoia did. I wish we got to spend more time here as well – would have loved to hike more trails, and seen more waterfalls....to experience the beauty that America has to offer. For anyone who loves to camp, I highly recommend this National Park!

Our first tarantula....Jeff almost caused a car accident taking this picture. There were a lot of car honks and middle fingers....

Yosemite


No comments:

Post a Comment