EXPLORING EARTHS MYSTERIES

Thursday, June 3, 2010

North American Road Trip Pt7 - British Columbia!








So we made it! (despite getting held up at the border at 1 am…seriously, do I LOOK like a drug smuggler? Must have been a slow night at the border). The west coast is Beautiful! I just loved the mountains (so different than the flat farmland that I am used to). We took a couple of days just to rest, relax, and enjoy some home cooking! Our first excursion out was the Capalino Suspension Bridge. Hiking, bridges, and tree top pathways, it was so much fun! We were also introduced to tubing in Lake Chilliwack. I loved it until I hit a log jam. I now have a newfound respect for water current. It is not until you are trying to fight your way to the surface for air do you truly understand its power. I am so lucky and grateful that there were no trees or branches underwater to prevent me from resurfacing. In fact just a week earlier a girl had drowne in that very same lake. On the lighter side, I almost lost my bikini bottoms in the struggle! Two days later we ended up in Whistler. W-O-W. I really couldn’t get over the scenery! I wanted to go white water rafting soooo bad, but my tubing incident had Jeff a little concerned (I have to admit that I was scared too) but I convinced him that I would not fall out of the raft. We had an absolute blast! Our tour guide was awesome and we hit some pretty big waves! (class III-IV rapids). We got to jump into the water. It took my breath away (Literally. I could not breathe until the wetsuit kicked in). I definitely want to try class V rapids.
We had a good visit with Jeffs family. The only thing I wish we did was go whale watching, and check out Vancouver. We can always do that next time tho. After a week it was time to leave. Our trip was winding down, but there was still a lot to see…




Capalino Suspension Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment