EXPLORING EARTHS MYSTERIES

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

North American Trip Pt9 - Devils Tower


Ever since leaving Canada we had been bombarded with motorcycles-- bike after bike we would see, and the further west we went the more bikes we saw. We could not for the life of us figure out why. It wasn’t until we were at Devils Tower when we figured out why... it was Bike week in Sturgis! There were literally thousands of bikes parked outside of Devils Tower. Now I don’t own a bike myself, but I love to ride! So much that I asked some random guy if he would take me for a spin (so Jeff won’t let me drive a moped – see my Cuba post- but he’s ok with my getting on the back of a motorcycle with some random biker dude?? Go figure). The ride was awesome! By law helmets are optional, so we ripped around with my hair blowing in the wind! Sadly I soon said goodbye to the bike and got back into my car. I didn’t know what Devils Tower was until Jeff showed me a picture. I recognized it from the movie “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”. There are many myths and legends surrounding this place, and Native Americans still perform ceremonies here. I would like to hone my rock climbing skills and scale it someday….and check out the view from the top!


Me and random biker guy

No comments:

Post a Comment